Our Vision & Philosophy
Fitzroy High School values children as individual learners who are full of potential and capable of excellence.
Our students will be lifelong learners, reflective and creative thinkers, responsible and active citizens, and resilient and adaptable problem solvers able to navigate through an uncertain and constantly changing future.
Fitzroy is a learning community where students and teams of teachers work together to:
- achieve high standards so that all students fulfil their capabilities in academic, intellectual, social, emotional and physical development;
- celebrate diversity and embrace individual differences, including class, culture, race, gender, sexuality and ethnicity;
- build a cohesive, compassionate and proud school community with a productive legacy for the future;
- develop beyond our current capacity through continuous change and review; and
- participate in and contribute to our wider community.