Award Winning Educational Facilities
Fitzroy High School has been in the unique position of being able to develop purpose-built spaces that meet the needs of our innovative approach to learning.
The school is a mix of the classic 1915 building, a 1960s addition that was updated when the school re-opened in 2004 and the bold award-winning new building completed in 2009.
Flexibility is at the core, with easily altered learning spaces.
The innovative design of the new building has been recognised both locally and internationally as a space allowing for co teaching, flexibility, and a focus on deep learning and Personal Learning Plans.
Features of the school
- Design and technology spaces
- Drama studio
- Purpose-built science laboratories
- Multimedia spaces
- Kitchen garden
- Sporting facilities including gymnasium, indoor courts, fitness studio and outdoor Astroturf multi-purpose court
- Outdoor learning spaces – fitness circuit and stage
- Hands on Learning Program/Tram