Year 7 Enrolments
The enrolment process for Year 7 commences in Term 2, for the following year's intake.
Initially, primary schools are responsible for managing the Year 7 application process. During the first week of term 2, primary schools will distribute to the parents of Year 6 children the Year 6 to Year 7 Transition Pack, including an Application for Year 7 Placement form. On this application form, parents are asked to list up to three secondary school preferences. If you would like your child to attend Fitzroy High School, it is important to list us as your first preference. The form is to be returned to the primary school. The primary and secondary schools work together to ensure all Year 6 students are placed for Year 7 (not always at your first preference school).
Year 8-12 Enrolments
Entry into Years 8 – 12 is by application, families are welcome to apply at any time.
Fitzroy High School will enrol students into the school in accordance with the Department of Education (DET) Placement Policy.
In line with the Department of Education and Training (DET), North-Western Region, criteria, Fitzroy High School will offer places in the following priority order:
- Students for whom Fitzroy High School is the designated neighbourhood government school (closest school to permanent residence, as determined by Fitzroy High School’s zone).
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent residence who are currently attending Fitzroy High School.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds, where it is not provided by the student’s nearest government school.
- Families applying under priority criteria 1: Students for whom the school is the designated (closest) neighbourhood government school as determined by the findmyschool.vic.gov
If you wish to join the Fitzroy High School Community, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
Your expression of interest will not be considered until hard copies of the following documents have been submitted to the Fitzroy High School office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two most recent school reports
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of permanent residential address
Year 11-12 applications will be directed by our Administrator to Wurun Senior Campus upon receipt of the above documents.