In line with the Department of Education and Training (DET), North-Western Region, criteria, Fitzroy High School will offer Year 7 places in the following priority order:
- Students for whom Fitzroy High School is the designated neighbourhood school (as determined by the school zone available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au).
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending Fitzroy High School at the same time.
- Students seeking enrolment on curriculum grounds.
- Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest Fitzroy High School.
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to Fitzroy High School.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. The website findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2022 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School Zones.
For more information
If you have a question about school zones, call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For application for students coming from a non government primary school, please see this form
We advise families to place Fitzroy High School as their first preference on the DET Application for Year 7 Placement Form, provided by your primary school.
For families seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds, please complete the form by May 18th 2022 and email to email@example.com.
Click here to download the form: Year 7 2023 Application on Curriculum Grounds