The Victorian Association for Gifted and Talented Children (VAGTC), in partnership with the Department of Education and Training, is hosting free online parent seminars which aim to educate and support parents of high ability children.
The Parent Seminar Series is an initiative of the VAGTC and funded by the Department of Education and Training.
Based on feedback from the 2020 seminars, these seminars are designed to support parents in their parenting journeys, to foster positive and collaborative home and school partnerships and to connect parents with each other to provide networking and support
The seminars will explore:
* the definitions and identification of giftedness and talent
* how to understand the characteristics and needs of gifted kids
* how to advocate for your child
* how to build positive home and school partnerships
* how to enrich your child’s learning at home
* where to go for resources.
Seminar information and registration
The below online seminars are open for registration.
* Working collaboratively with your child’s school — Thursday 2 September, 7:30pm-8:30pm
Register via Link: https://www.trybooking.com/BSJWQ
* Gifted & high ability children 101 — Monday 13 September, 7:30pm-9pm
Register via Link: https://www.trybooking.com/BSJWR
* Thriving through educational transitions — Thursday 21 September, 7:30pm-8:30pm
Register via Link: https://www.trybooking.com/BSJWT
* Expert panel Q&A — Tuesday 9 November, 7:30-9pm
Register via Link: https://www.trybooking.com/BSKYT
For more information, and to register, refer to the VAGTC website https://www.vagtc.org.au/seminars/
Participants in the ‘Gifted & High Ability Children 101’ seminar are encouraged to watch a pre-recorded video presentation in advance and attend the Zoom session for discussion. The links to the video presentation and Zoom session will be sent to participants after registration.