Introduction to Tyson Day and Careers Services

I’m personally very excited to be involved with the Fitzroy High School community as the Careers Counsellor, supporting Sandra Dickens while she is in her role at the Department of Education. It is my third year of being involved in the school, as in 2018 I supported the Year 10s with VCE subjects, 2019 I supported Years 10s and 12s with subjects and pathways, so it’s great to feel a deeper connection to the school community in 2020. When I’m not at the school, I’m working in my own business, Arrive & Thrive, supporting young people in the transition process through workshops and individual counseling. I have worked in all aspects of career development, including universities, corporate, athlete transitions and secondary education. My main priorities in the school are supporting students in career exploration, bringing further awareness to the support that they have and working closely with teachers to help each student develop a career plan that aligns with their personality, interests and strengths. I’m looking forward to working with parents in this process and bringing about further discussions and career conversations at home while further embedding the amazing work that Sandra has been doing over the past few years. Please feel free to contact me on tysond@fitzroyhs.vic.edu.au

Tyson Day