Instrumental Music Program 2020

Fitzroy High’s Instrumental Music Program is well and truely underway. We have a great lineup of ensembles again this year and some new faces that have joined the team. I would like to introduce Matt Sheers our new Strings teacher who is leading both The String Ensemble and Filharmonica and teaching violin, viola and the Uke. Another new face is myself, Emily Wearne! Taking the lead from Matthew Hovell who did a terrific job last year coordinating the Instrumental Program, I will be answering your emails, facilitating performances and helping out in anyway possible to ensure a smooth year of lessons and performances, if anyone has any suggestions or questions regarding the program please contact me at this email , music@fitzroyhs.vic.edu.au and I will endeavour to help where possible. 

For this year we hope to have a few external and internal concerts to showcase the hard work put in by both student and teacher to learn an instrument and play in an ensemble. I encourage staff, friends and family to attend these events and support students in their extra curricular activity. That is it for now, I hope everyone is settling into the new year with ease and we can all have a fab 2020!!

Emily Wearne