Help us improve our school grounds
- Students, School Council and FHS staff are involved in a 2 year project to improve our school grounds using landscaping and selected indigenous plants with the aim to create much improved biodiversity and amenity.
- Some work on the first stage of this project “The Escarpment Shrubland” has begun on the Eastern side of the school (Michael St driveway area) which will also include a sensory garden.
- VCAL students and the local community are involved in aspects of this project with further potential to include more student projects, our Education for Sustainability programs and involvement in the ResourceSmart – AuSSI Vic Program.
- We believe this project will provide many other educational and aesthetic benefits for students, our neighbours and the FHS Community.
- We hope to raise $3000 to support the purchasing of plants and landscaping.
How can you help? Donate $10, $20 or $50 using this link: http://www.trybooking.com/YDAP
Below are photos of the areas in which we are planning improvements in this stage.
We thank you in advance for your financial support.
Please have a look at the improvements to the school grounds we have made thus far next time you visit. Your support will enable us to complete this project as planned. There will be opportunities hopefully later this year for more community involvement.
Please contact our Buildings and Environments Convenor Roger Smith email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.