All government schools in Victoria have school councils.
They are legally formed bodies that are given powers to set the key directions of a school. In the performance of their role, school councils are able to directly influence the quality of education that the school provides for its students.
Within guidelines provided by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD), a school council has responsibilities for developing such things as:
- the school strategic plan which sets out the main goals and priorities of the school for three years
- the annual implementation plan which puts into practice the strategic plan
- the school's budget which shares out the available resources to make sure that the goals/targets of the strategic plan are carried out
- the general educational policy of the school
- the physical appearance and maintenance of the school's buildings and grounds
- the student code of conduct which provides a safe and orderly environment for learning
- an annual report on the school's achievements.
School Council Minutes 2016 are available on Compass.
Compass - Community - School Documentation - School Council 2016.
School Council Minutes
2013 AGM Minutes - View
School Council Minutes - 21 February 2013 - View
School Council Minutes - 21 March 2013 - View
School Council Minutes - 16 May 2013 - View
School Council Minutes - 20 June 2013 - View
School Council Minutes - 15 August 2013 - View
School Council Minutes - 18 September 2013 - View